7 Awesome Reasons You Should Switch To Drupal 8
Drupal is essentially open-source content-management software for websites. It’s written in PHP and is currently the backbone for more than 5% of websites throughout the world. It is capable of managing a variety of content, such as government sites, political sites, corporate, not-for-profit and personal blogs.
Drupal allows businesses the chance to look at the huge number of possibilities online. Ever since the time of its launch, Drupal has brought about a sea of change in the way CMS websites were designed and developed. When we look at all the versions, Drupal has presented its users with a number of opportunities. With the 8th version, Drupal brings before you a total of 200 improvements and new features. Below are six reasons why your website should be upgraded to this brand new version of Drupal, Drupal 8.0. Here goes:
- Easy: Drupal 8.0 is extremely easy to use, just like its predecessors. In fact, ease of use is one of its biggest strengths. Apart from not being overly technical, it’s features and functions are easily explained to whoever uses it. The interface is user-friendly, as a result, the admins, editors, and moderators of any forum (created using Drupal) are able to edit very easily and perform the foundational tasks in a fluid manner.
- User Guide: The new Drupal comes with a user guide that contains books, video tutorials, and forums that explain the entire platform at length. They also have troubleshooting portals to help users work through difficult challenges and questions.
- Inbuilt Modules: In the new version, there are fifty-nine inbuilt core modules, for example, Entity API, CKEdition, and Jquery Update. It has Twig, which is a PHP-based theme-creation engine that is fast, secure and flexible. It has mobile-friendly themes that can fit into a mobile version of the website. Here you can edit the text on the page without having to redirect to the edit form. There are provisions for integrated views that allow the users to create pages, administrative sections for forums, restricted access pages, and blocks. There’s the automatic packaging feature which assists admins in performing site analysis and packages the configuration.
- Configuration Management Interface: There is a built-in configuration management interface which exists at the level of the file system. Configuration elements as content category, fields, tables, rows, thread views, can easily be migrated from the local development to the server. There is also a version control system that can be used to manage and control the version of the website and track the configuration. Additionally, all data regarding configuration is stored in a separate database table than the website and its content. The Drupal Module Upgrader brings about a simplification in the migration process from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8. The entire code is scanned by the upgrader to aid in this process.
- Scalability: With the new version, the scalability has been improved and is more dependable. As all of us know, scalability is a huge factor when expanding a business. If a website is small and has only a few widgets and pages, then it will not be easily upgraded to handle a huge number of additional elements and big (large in size) files. Your website can become slow because of this. In order to prevent this issue from happening, designers have provided Drupal with features that provide the quality of seamless scalability to your website. This protects your site from being weighed down by too many media elements. As a result, your website will be dynamic and will run smoothly.
- Advanced WYSIWYG: With Drupal 8.0, you get an advanced WYSIWYG editor to help you out. With this tool, you can simplify the process of posting content through the panel of the admins. Additionally, there are several marketing tools and content authoring tools. There are also better translation tools provided in the WYSIWYG editor.
- Responsive: And last, but not the least, Drupal 8 is completely responsive. With it, you will not have to worry about the responsiveness of the website across various user platforms and devices. It is great on desktops, laptops, Smartphones as well as tablets. This is possible since all the themes present in Drupal are responsive by default.
After reading this list, one can hope that no questions would be raised with regard to the effectiveness or awesomeness of Drupal 8.0.