12 Essential WordPress Plugin for Small Business Blogs
While creating a WordPress Blog for their business, small businesses need to keep in mind that no matter how good their blog is, it must be found via search engines. The best way to make it happen is by using some significant as well as available plugins in their blog.
Here are few such plugins, which can be used while starting a blog for small businesses:
- Akismet: This plugin is tailor made for blocking spam comments, which should be in the ‘must do’ list when running your business blog. This excludes the mess and allows your consumers to use the service appropriately.
- All in One SEO Pack: Considered as one of the most popular WordPress plugins that automatically optimizes the WordPress Blog for search engines like Google
- Contact Form 7: Collecting information about customers is very important for any business. This simple yet powerful plugin allows your users to submit their personal information in a very organized manner. Ideal for bloggers as well those who wants to contact their visitors.
- Google XML Sitemaps: This is a plugin that creates a sitemap for the search engines, so that the website gets indexed in quick time and the web crawlers navigates through the website effortlessly.
- NextGEN Gallery: It’s much easier to communicate with visitors via visuals and imageries. Implementing this plugin gives the option to use images in blogs when required
- Jetpack: It allows the visitor to rate posts, gives facility of using the WP.me URL shortener and access to a widget that gives real time updates on our latest tweets. Features like site verification, widget visibility, spelling and grammar, Enhanced Distribution and many more can be activated using this plugin.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast: This resembles “All in One SEO Pack”, to some extent. This plugin can also assists us to optimize our blog for the search engines. The best thing would be if we can combine the features of this plugin with that of the ‘All in One SEO Pack’, so that we can get the benefit of both plugins for our website.
- WP Super Cache: This is considered as a capable caching engine for WordPress, which works by creating static html files for blogs. This can assist us a great deal as it means that our server will work far better when performing on different social media sites, or when working with a huge volume of users surfing the website at the same time.
- Google Analytics: This gives us a full scope of a blog’s statistics, and everything that is required to know to take a WordPress blog to desired level. If we know how our website is performing in terms of visitors, traffic sources and other aspects, then we can control our website activities at the right time thereby benefiting from the same.
- WPtouch Mobile: Smart phones have become one of the most common modes of accessing websites these days, and for this reason it is an absolute must that we have a fully functional mobile version of our website. This plugin helps us to create a simple and smart platform for our mobile users to navigate, and we get the option to customize the experience as per our wish.
- WordPress.com Stats: This is an excellent way to see our blog’s statistics! However, this plugin sometime back joined the JetPack plugin, which means that we no longer have to install two separate plugins for the features they provide.
- WooCommerce: If we are thinking of using our WordPress blog to sell our products or services then this plugin can fully convert our WordPress site into an ecommerce store to attract our customers to buy from our website.