Will Remote Work Eradicate the Need for Outsourcing?
These days remote working has gradually become more acceptable by different organizations. Before, companies were mainly dependent on an outsourcing team and the staff of their office, but now the scenario is slightly changed. Various companies are now inducting remote workers into their task teams and workforces. The trend of outsourcing work is now somehow reduced with the popularity of remote.
However, there is some concern as to whether the remote team has eradicated the need for outsourcing or not. There is, therefore, a resultant confusion as to whether outsourcing is better or remote work. Some say that remote workers are a perfect choice for companies, but they cannot solve all the problems that are done efficiently by outsourcing. And for some, remote workers are the perfect solution for all your technical tasks, which would not have been managed well by outsourcing.
Below are some points that are explained by experts for and against the topic of whether or not remote work will eradicate the necessity of outsourcing.
Remote Work Will Not Eradicate Outsourcing:
People against the topic have expressed their opinions in these ways:
- Remote work can never solve every problem that outsourcing does. This is because, firstly, you have to reach people personally, whom you would like to hire. Suppose you need one developer, then you have to find out an employee or a software house to work with. In case you require more than one developer, problems will arise, as you have to hire a number of people and you have to spend valuable time in this hiring process. With outsourcing, you don’t need to invest as much time, since you can outsource all your tasks to the outsourcing company.
- Secondly, hiring an outsourcing company means you have not only hired an employee, but you have also hired a software house where everything is done using automated CI/CD, development tools, and assurance processes. You also have the added advantage of a CTO, a project manager and other developers that are there to support you with their valuable advice. In the case of remote work, when you hire a developer, s/he will do that one particular role only. You will not be assisted by him/her with other tasks/roles.
- Thirdly, outsourcing is more flexible than remote work. During the project, you can change your demand for resources anytime you want. They can provide 3 people to develop MVP (which is better than one to support it while verifying on the market), then 8 people will scale it. In terms of remote working, you can only hire one person to complete the task.
- Fourthly, getting hold of a remote worker is a complex process, since you have to hire resources one by one and then you will need to check their skill set, another time-consuming process. In spite of testing them, you cannot be sure if the remote worker is capable enough to manage your task or not.
- Finally, the process of hiring outsourcing companies is smooth. Since every employee of an outsourcing company is efficient, you can be assured of the fact that your work will be done efficiently.
Remote Work Will Eradicate Outsourcing:
Below are discussed some of the opinions/points of those who think this is true.
- Remote work is not at all a complex process. In fact, you can choose workers according to your requirements. You can check their skill and then hire them.
- If your remote employees are satisfied, they will give you their 100%. It is, therefore, a great benefit for your business.
- They cost less. In terms of outsourcing your project, you may have to spend more money, but hiring a remote employee is always within your budget. This is because, if you have remote employees, they will reduce your rent and property cost.
From the above, it is clear that hiring outsourcing has more positives than hiring remote work, and remote work can never eradicate the necessity of outsourcing. Still, it depends greatly on your company as to what is more suitable for your business. Maybe your particular business requires remote workers, which can be cost-effective for you, but for a majority of businesses (who need to outsource more than one task), outsourcing is a perfect solution.