The Battle of AIs: ChatGPT vs. Bard
Artificial Intelligence is evolving with time and changing how we see reality. From simple calculation tasks to monotonous manual data entry to creating catchy eye visuals, these revolutionary computer systems are helping us with everything. And the result is better effectiveness, less time investment, and accurate results.
And the latest introduction of ChatGPT, an AI-generated content writing tool, significantly changes the whole scenario. Since its debut on November 30,2, 2022, the entire limelight has been on ChatGPT.
Designed to craft useful, informative responses based on input, it makes information all the more readily available. As of February 2023, approximately 100 million users are using it.
Now, the CEO of Google, Sundar Pichai, has announced that ChatGPT’s competitor is in the making: Bard!
He tweeted: ‘In 2021, we shared next-gen language + conversation capabilities powered by our Language Model for Dialogue Applications (LaMDA). Coming soon: Bard, a new experimental conversational GoogleAI service powered by LaMDA’.
Now, the question that comes to mind is which AI will reign the market. Let’s find out.
What is ChatGPT?
On December 1, 2022, Sam Altman, the CEO of ChatGPT, tweeted:
today we launched ChatGPT. try talking with it here: https://t.co/uWra8LKFMN— Sam Altman (@sama) November 30, 2022
Now, what is ChatGPT?
OpenAI developed ChatGPT, and Microsoft is its strategic partner. Microsoft has invested in OpenAI and plans to add ChatGPT to its Bing search.
It is an AI-powered chatbot that helps users get solutions to any query. From creating poetry to writing horror stories to writing codes and fixing bugs, ChatGPT brings an end-to-end solution to users.
But as ChatGPT is in its early stage, many improvements are needed. The tool is not always accurate, but the team is working on it.
What is Bard?
Bard is Google’s answer to ChatGPT.
The chief intention behind launching Bard is to give direct competition to ChatGPT. As mentioned above, the CEO of Google, Sundar Pichai, tweeted about its launch shortly.
According to Google, Bard seeks to combine the breadth of the world’s knowledge with their large language models’ intelligence, power, and creativity!
Its chief objective is to provide highly qualitative and unique information to readers. Also, it has hinted at providing more creative and in-depth responses ChatGPT currently lacks.
Here are some vital points to know –
- The initial release of Bard will be with a lightweight model version of LaMDA.
- It plans to combine internal testing with external feedback to create helpful and relative responses for the user.
- It wants to combine large language models’ creativity and intelligence effectively.
- Overall, it is expected to look like ChatGPT in various aspects.
ChatGPT vs.Bard: What’s the Difference
Now, explore the differences between these AI-generated content writing tools –
Are There Any Issues Using These Tools?
- Undoubtedly, there is a lot of hype about using these AI-powered content writing tools. But there are some challenges using them.
- One can use these tools to create malicious codes.
- From the security aspect, the web data is secure. But when you integrate specific chatbots, the API is not guaranteed to be secure. It can result in hacking and data leaking. So, the tools should ensure security measures.
- Some chatbots often reflect stereotypes leading to some offensive answers.
- Lacks features like natural language understanding
- Users can ask one question at a time. Asking multiple questions at a time may confuse the chatbot, leading to wrong answers.
Also Read: Agile vs. Waterfall: Which Development Methodology Should You Choose?
AI-powered chatbots have brought a revolution in the market. ChatGPT entered the world with a storm, and so is the plan of Bard. Other tools that are in the queue are also planning similarly. We need to wait to understand how these tools will differ from ChatGPT.
When it comes to ChatGPT vs. Bard, one thing is clear both have immense possibilities and can provide humanlike solutions in a conversation to the users. However, both have miles to go. Let’s wait for that. Till then, keep following our blogs.
And for digital engineering and IT staffing services, book a call today!