Tech Stack 2022: A Guide to Choosing the Right One for Your Startup
A tech stack, a technology infrastructure or solutions stack, has become essential for building scalable, easy-to-maintain web applications. When founding your startup, you must build it on a strong technical foundation.
Choosing the right technology stack (tech stack) is one of the most vital decisions you must make. Your choice of tech stack will have a long-term impact on how successfully your business operates. So, you must be careful when choosing the right one for your startup venture. Wondering how to start with? Read on.
What Are the Components of Tech Stacks?
It consists of –
- Front-end tools
- Back-end tools
- Programming languages
- A database
- Applications connected via APIs.
Benefits of Choosing the Right Tech Stack for Your Startup
- Easier to develop your product
- Make your app up and running at the early stages of development.
- Finding and sticking to the right tech stack makes finding developers for your product easier.
- It is also helpful for developers. As a sound tech stack is easier to use, it can help you get clean code with fewer bugs, making your app better and running smoothly for your users.
What Should Your Decision be Based on?
Different types of tech stacks are available for web developers. However, to find the best match, you need to consider the following factors –
Type of Project
The variety of projects is the most vital aspect of choosing the tech stack for a startup.
Developers’ expertise is another crucial factor when looking for the tech stack.
Launching a product takes a lot of planning, and it can be challenging to complete projects on time. The technological stack you choose for your web app significantly impacts the time to market.
It refers to web apps’ capacity to manage the work. Develop your web app to address the growth spike brought on by the rise in app users.
The maintenance of the web apps depends on the codebase and underlying software architecture.
Availability of Talent
Many technologies are hot, but finding a good developer in that technology is hard. It is because in-demand developers are already taken. This is true for Python, React Native and Node developers.
5 Popular Tech Stacks to Choose in 2022 for Startups
LAMP Tech Stack
Primarily used in app development, the LAMP stack is an open-source tech stack. The LAMP stack consists of four elements, including –
- L – Linux (Operating System)
- A – Apache (HTTP Server)
- M – MySQL (Relational Database Management), and
- P – PHP (Programming Language)
Each element represents a critical layer of the tech stack. And together, these elements are used to create database-driven, dynamic web-based applications.
Although Linux is the primary operating system of LAMP, you can also use other OS to meet your specific needs. Some variants in the LAMP stack include –
- LAPP (Linux/Apache/PostgreSQL/PHP)
- XAMPP (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows/Apache/MySQL/PHP. Perl)
- WAMP (Windows/Apache/MySQL/PHP)
- MAMP (Mac OS X/Apache/MySQL/PHP)
Advantages of LAMP tech stack –
- Free and open-source
- Easy to set up
MEAN Tech Stack
MEAN consists of frameworks and tools involved,
- M – MongoDB (NoSQL Database)
- E – Express.js (Back-end Web Framework)
- A – Angular.js (Interface Rendering), and
- N – Node.js (Open-source, cross-platform server)
As all its components are written in JS, the app created with MEAN can be developed in one programming language for front-end and back-end environments. So the front-end developers can easily understand the server-side code.
Advantages of MEAN
- Easily switch between client and server
- Excellent for real-time web applications
- Supports MVC pattern
- MERN tech Stack
One of the variants of the MEAN tech stack, MERN is a free, open-source framework where the Angular JS framework is replaced with React.js.
The reason behind using MERN is the integration of React and its powerful library and capability to use code simultaneously on browsers and servers. Moreover, it offers full-stack development opportunities.
Advantages of MERN tech stack
- UI layer rendering and performance
- Easier learning curve
- Suited for single-page applications
- Better performance for its virtual DOM implementation
- Ruby on Rails (RoR)
It is an object-oriented technological stack based on Ruby, a dynamic language. Ruby on Rails is perfect for developing agile apps that increase flexibility. It is due to its collection of “gems.” The libraries, integrations, and frameworks used in the tech stack are called gems.
Advantages of RoR
- Numerous helpful tools and libraries
- Scalable and can be integrated with MySQL
- Vibrant community
- Flutter Tech Stack
It is a web stack designed for cross-platform development. Google created it in 2015 as a UI software development kit (a beta version was released in 2017).
Flutter uses Dart, a computer language developed by Google in 2011. Dart, Foundation Library, Flutter engine (mainly built in C++), and design-specific frameworks are among its components. This technology stack is appropriate for B2B and C2C projects where the end-user is a significant function.
Advantages of the Flutter tech stack
- Better performance
- Easy cross-platform apps updates
- Faster time-to-market
- Mild learning curve
- Ready UI design and elements
- Strong community
A technology stack is more than simply a tool or group of tools; it also refers to a software development approach. This is a critical decision for a startup company that can make or break coding. So, you need to be extra careful and consider various things (discussed above) while choosing a tech stack for your company. If you find it difficult to make a choice, get in touch with Capital Numbers, a leading digital transformation consultancy. We offer unparalleled web and mobile app development services with a team of tech-savvy developers. Do you want to discuss your project? Book a call today!