Top Tips for Effective Email Marketing
Have you ever sent an email to your clients, but received no response? You may wonder what may be wrong with your campaigns that is making them ineffective. Every day over 144 billion emails are sent for promotional purposes. In fact, email marketing is regarded as one of the leading channels for business communication. With email marketing, you can reach your customers without spending a lot of money. You have to be very careful while creating your email marketing strategy. In this post, some tips are shared that will help you to make your email marketing effective.
1. Create Strong Personalized Content
The emails that you send should include personalized content. General emails don’t provide value to your customers. Creating personalized emails takes time as well as money, but the end results , which are an increase in revenue and in satisfied customers, outweigh any costs.
2. Keep Links
The main purpose of email marketing is to drive relevant traffic to your website. You won’t be able to turn users convert to customers if you cannot drive clicks to your website or landing page. In order to do this, you have to make sure that you capitalize on every moment that users may feel compelled to click. So in the email, keep as many links as you can. Just make sure that the links are relevant to the user.
3. Make Your Email Interesting
Your email should have an eye-catching subject line. This is your one opportunity to make the readers open your email. Write something that incites their curiosity. It should be so interesting that it makes them want to hear more about what you have to say. You have to tease the reader so that their interest is sustained. It is the subject line that gives people an idea of how the rest of the content will be.
4. Make Sure that the Emails are Not Sent to Spam
All your efforts would be in vain if your emails never saw the light of day. In order to make sure that your emails don’t get flagged as spam by filters, you need to follow certain steps. Generally, the spam filters run your email through a set of criteria and then look for features that are among spam messages. There are a few things that you need to avoid such as hyperbolic phrases, a lot of exclamations and all capital letter words.
5. Easy to Unsubscribe
Users should find it easy to unsubscribe. This may sound counter-intuitive, but if the users get frustrated while figuring out how to unsubscribe, they will eventually start flagging your email as spam. This will make it harder for you to get your email in the inbox and not in the spam folder.
6. Don’t Use too Many Images
Always avoid using too many images in emails. The images that you include in your email cannot be seen by most of your recipients. This clearly means that each and every image that you put in your email is a wasted space. Instead of using image-heavy design, use well-coded HTML. You should never send an email that is just one big image.
7. Advantages of Email Marketing
Here are some benefits of email marketing
- Targeted: With email marketing, you should send messages to users or consumers who have already signed up to receive them. This can result in higher conversion rates as you are targeting only those who are already interested in your brand.
- Low Cost: If you compare the mainstream marketing channels with email marketing, then you will see that the cost of email marketing is much lower. With email marketing, you don’t have to pay any fee in exchange for exposure on a certain television channel, magazine or billboard.
- Easy to Track: With email marketing, you can easily see what’s going wrong. Most email marketing software makes it possible for you to track open, click-through as well as conversion rates. This way, it becomes a lot easier for you to improve the campaign.
In conclusion, it is clear that email marketing is a powerful medium of which you can send personalized messages directly to your clients and prospects. It is an effective marketing tool that helps you to keep a strong connection with your clients. To generate quality leads through effective email marketing strategy, you can consult email marketing experts and grow your business communication with your targeted customers.