7 Ways to Go Social for a Power-packed Mobile App Promotion
So, you’ve studied the market, you’ve developed the mobile app of your dreams, you’ve beta tested it, and you’re ready to launch it?
Naturally, you would hope it to be a smash hit on Google Play and Apple App Store.
But, there are millions of apps on the app stores already. So, why would they download yours?
That’s where the real challenge lies. And the best way to cope up with this challenge is to leverage the power of social media for your app promotion.
45% of Total World Population Use Social Networks Today (Source: HootSuite)
At a time like this, create a robust social media marketing campaign to promote your app. Because that’s how you can strike the right chord with your customers and gain an edge over your competitors.
How to go about it?
Well, here are a few points to help you dig deep.
7 Ways to Leverage Social Media for Your Mobile App Promotion
- Paid Ads – As per Google ads statistics, paid advertisements on social media drive 49% of mobile app downloads. There’s no doubt that promoting your app on social media through paid ads is the key to conversions. So, choose your favorite social media platform as your adoption and drive higher app downloads.
- User-generated Content – 85% of consumers trust user-generated content (UGC), as per Adweek. So, capitalize on UGC to create a buzz about your mobile app. Choose a popular UGC (i.e., an image or a video) related to your niche, tag it with app-related hashtags and repost on your Facebook or Instagram channel with an interesting caption. This can raise instant outreach. For example, Coca-Cola launched a ‘Share a Coke’ campaign where the brand swapped the Coke logo with random names of people on the bottles. The soft drink giant asked its fans to find their names on the bottles. This encouraged people to buy more Coke bottles, and it was a huge success in over 50 countries.
- Quora – Use Quora to share valuable insights about your mobile app and highlight the benefits of the app features. Take part in relevant threads and link your answers to your mobile apps for increased upvotes and better leads.
- Facebook Community Building – Join relevant Facebook groups that allow you to mention your mobile app. Comment and recommend in the Facebook groups and even share critical facts related to your mobile app. Tie-in your ebooks, slideshares, or blog posts in the comment sections of these groups and encourage others to know more about your mobile app. This would help in community building and make others interested in your app.
- Instagram Marketing – There are around 1 billion monthly active users on Instagram today, as per Statista. This is by far the most prominent visual social media channel, perfect for your app promotion. Create how-to videos and high-resolution photos to engage your target groups on Instagram. Share stories about your app and regram with relevant hashtags for better visibility.
- Twitter Marketing – Brevity is the key to successful app promotion on Twitter. So, make the most of 280 characters on Twitter to amplify your reach. Use vibrant creatives and words like ‘quick,’ ‘now’ and ‘hurry’ to encourage your audiences to act. Use popular Twitter accounts while sharing information about your app to connect to new audiences.
- YouTube Marketing – 300 hours of video are uploaded every minute on YouTube, and 59% of executives prefer watching videos over reading texts, as per HubSpot. Clearly, YouTube is one of the most effective social channels for your app promotion. Film testimonials from your existing customers who’ve used your app and upload them on your YouTube channel. Create animated videos and case studies. Upload interviews from influencers in your industry.
This apart, another secret weapon for your marketing campaign can be Snapchat.
Do Not Miss Snapchat
With 203 million daily active users worldwide, Snapchat is fast becoming a social media marketing channel, which is worth checking out. (Source: Statista)
Brands are considering this platform as a smart investment, as well. So, before it’s too late, get familiar with how Snapchat works and include it as a part of your social media campaign.
The Impact of Good Social Media Experience
71% of consumers who have a pleasant social media experience with a brand are likely to recommend the brand to their friends. (Source: Forbes)
Therefore, it’s no surprise that if you give your customers instant responses, suggestions, and information about your mobile app on social media, they’ll automatically feel connected to your brand and advocate it.
If you wish to see higher app installs and keep in touch with your audience, go social.
Use social media wisely. Be interesting. Be share-worthy. Be click-worthy.
This can go a long way in strengthening your bond with your audiences worldwide.