The client wanted a 2D drag racing game for players to play solo or with friends. Ideally, the game would provide fun, shareable, and addictive gameplay, as well as a means for the client to earn revenue.
- Players can access the leaderboard to see the top scorers.
- The shop page provides players with in-app purchase ability. Users can exchange in-game money for game money for upgrades. Then they can buy the necessary car parts to upgrade your car, beat their friends, and perform better in-game.
Car Selection and Customization
- You can select different styles of car to race with. There are different levels, or “tiers,” of car, with the lowest tiers being the less-performing and the higher tiers being higher-performing. You can include different styles of engines, tires, fuel, etc. There are also options to customize the car with aesthetic options. That includes personalized wings, hood, car body, decals, lights, etc.
- Complete levels to progress.
- The game pits you in a drag racing competition against your friend or in-game opponent.
- Core mechanics of the game include hitting your nitro on time, as well as shifting gears at the right time, to outrun your in-game opponent. Try to perfectly time your start, shift gears at the right time, and use your nitro to get and maintain your lead for victory.
- To pause the game, simply select “pause.” From there you will also have an option to go to the main menu.
- User gameplay statistics are stored in database and compared with others. Next time when users log in, they’re invited to beat their competitor’s time.
- Real time multiplayer also there and competitor is assigned on region and performance based.
- After the end of the level, you can see your stats for that level. Users can share their results with their friends on social media.