The client wanted an app to gather thousands of women around the world and help women study their faith. The IF:Gathering App would act as a companion to the associated website and the annual meetings.
- Front-end Dev
- Back-end Dev
We wanted to create an app that would allow women to study their faith in relation to the rest of the IF:Gathering organization.
The app would bring content, updates on the community, Bible lessons, daily video discussion, and other features to foster connection between other members of IF:gathering. In some ways, it acts as a place to study scripture; in other ways, it’s a small forum or social network.
Sign Up and Connect
- The connection aspect of the app was important because the purpose of IF:Gathering is to bring people together to foster community.
- After signing up, the app will welcome its users with “We want this to be a safe place for us to gather together and wrestle with essential question of faith,” and will ask for a zip code to connect with others.
- The user is also given the option to connect via social media. They can enter their Instagram or facebook accounts, their website, and a short bio.
- The users or discipleship can select from a compilation of daily studies available through the app. This option will display each week’s studies published through the app (Week Zero, Week One, Week Two, etc).
- When users select a study, it redirects them to the lesson, where they can view “Lesson, Scripture, Responses” to the lesson. They can share each lesson to social media (Twitter, Facebook, Insta) or share through email, text, or copying the link.
- The top right hand corner of each lesson’s screen has a “Complete” button to press once the user has completed the lesson.
- Completed lessons will show up in “My Studies” from the menu.
Responses and Social Aspect
- App users can join the conversation about God with thousands of women around the world. By sharing their thoughts by text, video, photo, link, or audio. These it will be published to the Responses page.
- The Responses page allows you to “Like” “Comment” and “Save” any of the responses. You can press on any of the responses to redirect to the response’s own page and view any comments to that response.
- Users gets to share their study with friends on various social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. They can even share the link to study via sms, email, or any other medium.
Discuss Your Projects Now
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/vhosts/www.capitalnumbers.com/modules/footer.php on line 98