For several years, game developing companies have been using game engines to bring their games to life, implementing their ideas into the game. Unity is not an exception. Team unity is always active and uses different types of high-end graphics to develop the latest game engines. According to Clive Downie, the chief marketing officer of Unity, if you are among those who earn less than 100,000 dollars revenue on their unity projects, you are offered unity game engines for free. As the revenue, and therefore needs, of a company increase, the company offers Unity Pro on a fee basis.
The year 2017 is highly important for Virtual Reality. VR game development has become a hot topic, but choosing a VR game development is a difficult task since there are multiple game engines available in the market. Among them, the Unity and the Unreal engine are the two most popular platforms. The question that arises is which one of them is the best for you? Describing the answer in one word is not possible, but it is clear that the votes for the Unity Engine are a little more than the votes for the Unreal Engine. Unity is transforming VR and developing better 3D graphics with its game engine.
Before going on to the advantages of Unity game engines, let’s find out more about the Unity Engines:
- In terms of game development tools, Unity can be considered one of the most popular ones. It was introduced to the market in the year 2005, and since then it has been holding its good reputation for creating 2D as well as 3D games. It is quite an unusual fact that a game engine is developing both 2D and 3D games.
- Boo, UnityScript and C# are the three development languages that are supported by this platform.
- Unity basically has two versions – one is free and the other is the pro. All the versions of Unity offer a support desk, the web, mobile and console platform. Whereas the free versions of Unity support Android, Windows, iOS, Mac OS X and various other mobile versions, the pro version offers support for Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and PlayStation.
- The Unity engines are cost effective and they have a wide range of developers. One of the most important features of this platform is that it offers the best value for the latest and highly advanced game development engine. The editing tools that are used in this platform are easily extended through plug-ins. Not only that, the Unity platform supports a wide range of asset formats.
- The Unity engine has the longest track record with mobile games in comparison to all gaming platforms. The free version is enough for beginners as they would have very little to almost no use of the pro version features. Even though the pro version is fee-based, the cost is highly reasonable. The results that are received from Unity are unbelievably impressive.
Advantages of the Unity engine:
- Supports a wide range of platforms:
The Unity engine offers a great deal of support to almost every platform, and approximately 95% of the work is shared between iOS, PC, mobile and web platforms.
- Outstanding graphics:
The Unity Engine is famous for its incredible graphics feature. With its great material, it supports the latest audio-visual effects. The graphics are highly accessible and the visual can be scaled down easily while maintaining the quality, even on low-level access, and can be optimized with pixel shaders.
- Easy deployment:
Unity is so accessible that any game can be deployed on this engine.
- Stable code:
In comparison with the languages of other engines, Unity’s code is very stable and it consists of a good architecture for minimized errors and good performance.
Unity includes IDE, which is considered as the most powerful tool with extraordinary game development features and a user-friendly environment.
Without a shadow of a doubt, Unity is an outstanding platform for game development. If you are a game developer and you want to develop a creative two-dimensional or three-dimensional game, then Unity is highly recommended for you. To help you get started you can find a number of tutorial videos, which can help you get familiar with the process of game development on Unity.